Friday, July 20, 2012

Challenge Creations & Follower Blog Candy

Good Morning All!

This morning I have some creations to share with you that I created for multiple blog challenges and a little note about my 50 Followers Blog Candy! (which I am 1 away from!!!)

First are my creations .....

First up is: Being Sworn in ...  


I decided to use a pic that was taken of me when I was being sworn in at the Oregon MEPS, back in 2004.
I used a Digi Stamp from Bugaboo Stamps, an American Flag that came off my hubby's uniform, and I embossed the flowers with brown emboss powder, I used a button off the Class A's.  My ribbon at the bottom was an Army key chain strap that I cut up and put a brown thick canvas ribbon over the top, some twine and a brown rope string at the top. The squares I cut out and layered with grey stars, dog tag stickers. I embossed the title and put my initials at the bottom right corner with DCW black sticker Alpha's.


Challenges used in: CC Blog Challenge #1

You are Special Card:




This one I wanted to "SHINE", so I used a gel star bright shine pen to highlight and color the lace trim around the heart. This one is a tri-fold card that I got from Splitcoaststampers.com. The sentiment is from Bugaboo Stamps. I layered this one with strips of solid papers that I cut out and glued. Placed bling on the top corners of the card and closed the card with twine ( I made holes on both sides of the flaps and tied twine around them to hold the card closed) I also used the star bright highlighting gel pen to accent the bow and the little hearts in the sentiment.




Challenges used in: Dilly Beans Sparkle & Shine,

And Thank Friend ....


This one has a lot of layers to it, first I used a shiny pink cardstock, then layered with green home made paper, then a flower cardstock w/ glitter and embossed images, than a light beige cardstock. I decided to put a doily over that, but decided to cut it in half. Than my hubby showed me how to make these tissue flowers (which are simple and fun to make, I'll be posting a tutorial on this later in the week) and glued some bling in the middle of them, the stems are also tissue paper. I used a pink butterfly that I cut with my Cricut and colored, made it "pop" and used both brown twine as the body and pink twine as the antena's. I finised the card off with an embossed stamp image and layered all the different papers together, used a green ribbon tag and completed it with lots of twine (wink ... LOVE Twine!!)




Challenges used in: Getting Cricky with K Andrew, Joyful Stamper: Inspire me fridays

A little Mirmade Fun ...


I used several layers in this one, the digi stamp is from Fresh Brewed Designs. I colored the image with Bic Colored Markers (fine tip) and used a silver highlighting gel pen on the seagal and clam shell, then I used a gold highlighting gel pen on the sand, her eyes and hair,I then layered my sentiment in which I stamped and colored, placed it on a yellow tag and tied it with ... Yes .. Twine! (Love that twine LOL) added some bling on both sides of the sentiment.
I decided to do a scalloped corner punch on all layers of my card to create a unique look. The bottom layer is a shiny blue card stock that I had gotten from Micheals, next I found a tealish blue fourish background paper in my stash of forgotten papers (it reminded me of waves when I put my image over the top). This card is a front fold card (love this type!)


Challenge used in: Sassy Studio Designs

I hope you all enjoy these cards and am looking forward to getting that last follower so I can announce a winner for my 50 FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY!!!
 Stay tuned and please pass my blog around :) 

I'm still working a couple of other projects. Stay tuned!

Happy Scrappin"

~ ANGELA ~

5 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wow Angela, these are fabulous!!! love all the layers on your flower card...very cool LO too!!

Lisa said...

Wow, all of your cards are so fabulous!! Love the adorable mermaid!! Thanks so much for linking up with the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Getting Cricky DT

Bubleeing Colors said...

It really is a super cute image............ Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dare to be Sassy Thursday # 134 and good luck in the prize draw!!!!!!

SOMA
SSD (DT)

Unknown said...

Wow! You were busy. I love all your projects they are so sweet. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge. Good Luck! :)

Heather
Getting Cricky Design Team Member

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great summer cards, Love the mermaid and the flowers too!! Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo